Team CSI – American Grand Masters Heads to the Heartland
CueSports International (CSI), in partnership with promoter Mark Cantrill, would like to announce that Team CSI – American Grand Masters is heading to the U.S. Midwest for the first leg of the Team CSI Tour.
The team is comprised of: BCA Hall of Fame inductee and 5 time U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion Earl “The Pearl” Strickland, 2009 Texas Open winner Charlie “Hillbilly” Bryant, 2006 U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion and 2009 Derby City Classic One Pocket winner John “Mr. 400” Schmidt, and 2001 U.S. Open 9-Ball Champion Corey Deuel who has also served on the U.S. Mosconi Cup Team 6 times.
Each of the four members of Team CSI still actively compete in both U.S. and international events, thus two members of the team travel together for each leg of the tour. The Midwest Tour, which is scheduled January 8-17, will feature Earl Strickland and John Schmidt.
“I have always enjoyed teaching and passing on knowledge in person. I also enjoy meeting new people and so this is going to be a great experience and can’t wait.” said John Schmidt.
Strickland and Schmidt will perform a series of exciting exhibitions and hold pool schools throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska and Iowa. The pool school is 4 hours in length with a maximum of 12 students per school. Each student will have an opportunity for individual instruction with both Strickland and Schmidt addressing the student’s personal needs to progress in their respective games. The total cost to attend the pool school is $200 per student.
The Midwest Tour schedule dates and locations are:
• Friday, January 8th Open to Public Exhibition: 7:30 pm, The Rack, Livonia, MI
• Saturday, January 9th Pool School: 11 am – 4 pm, The Rack, Livonia, MI
• Saturday, January 9th Exhibition: The University of Michigan Student Union, Ann Arbor, MI
• Sunday, January 10th Pool School: 1 pm – 5 pm, Big Shot Billiards, Muncie, IN
• Sunday, January 10th Open to Public Exhibition: 7:30 pm, Big Shot Billiards, Muncie, IN
• Tuesday, January 12th Private Exhibition: 7:30 pm, Springfield, IL
• Wednesday, January 13th Private Pool School: 4 pm – 8 pm, Springfield, IL
• Thursday, January 14th Pool School: 4 pm – 8 pm, Big Dog’s Billiards, Des Moines, IA
• Friday, January 15th Exhibition: 7:30 pm, Big Dog’s Billiards, Des Moines, IA
• Saturday, January 16th Exhibition: 7:30 pm, Heidelberg’s, Lincoln, NE
• Sunday, January 17th Pool School: 11 am – 3 pm, Heidelberg’s, Lincoln, NE
Strickland started working with Cantrill in 2008 with the Legends and Champions Tour. With Cantrill’s partnership with CSI, as Team CSI – American Grand Master’s will be able to expand the team and offer more opportunity to bring these accomplished professionals to area pool communities to broaden the sport and help expand the skills of local pool enthusiasts.
“I am really excited that we are heading to the Midwest, the people are always welcoming and friendly whenever I have been there,” said Strickland.
For information about Team CSI visit the CSI website at www.playcsipool.com. For more information about the tour, to schedule an exhibition or pool school in your area, and to register to attend a pool school contact Mark Cantrill at (480) 612-7732 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to CSI, Team CSI – American Grand Masters 2010 Midwest Tour is sponsored by, Mueller Recreational Products, Cornhuskers Billiards, Sterling Gaming, and Nielsen’s Billiards.
CueSports International (CSI) is dedicated to creating more choices for all players. CSI is the parent company of the BCA Pool League, the National Championship Series (NCS), and the USA Pool League. CSI also produces independent events such as the U.S. Bar Table Championships, the Jay Swanson Memorial and the U.S. Open 10-Ball Championship. Visit www.playcsipool.com, www.playbca.com and www.playusapool.com for more information about CSI and its divisions.